Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And We're Back

Wow.  It's been way too long since I wrote a blog entry so I thought I would write one today as I sit in the empty Testing Center at school.  While everyone else is downstairs at an in-service, I am awaiting a few ESL students so that I can begin their diagnostic testing.  We have an ESL lab, but the lady who ran it quit in a spat with her supervisor.

It's been a long summer, and the summer session just ended.  I took a 10 week Calculus II course to bolster my math education (for review, of course, as I'd had it before) and let me tell you.  Never again.  It was online, and there were DVDs associated with each lecture.  But we had to take 18 long quizzes, seven tests, and we had to complete four projects on Maple, which is a Computer Algebra System.  I'm just thankful I got through the course in addition to teaching four others and working in the testing center. 

It's been busy, and now I have two nights this week where we're celebrating the August birthdays in my family.  My sister and father were born on the same day, August 15, and my brother was born on August 20.  So logically we'd have two separate dinners, of course. 

I'm also writing a novel that I am desperately trying to finish.  If anyone is interested in the link to the blog, please let me know.  It's loosely based on a true story of a week I spent in Manhattan way back in 2006.

Aside from that, I hope everyone else is doing well and I'm going to post another blog later this morning hopefully about an awesome movie I just watched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment