Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sick Sucks, and other things that are better

I thought today would be the day my cold would end.  But it wasn't.  Doesn't being sick suck?  You never realize how well you feel on a regular basis until you are sick.  Then you yearn for the times you felt good and make a promise never to take your wellness for granted.  But then you forget.

I've had my cold since I woke up at 6 a.m. Saturday to go in to teach my 4 hour lecture. I thought I would come out of it that day, so I went home, exercised, and showered.  Then before I went to dinner at my parents' house that night as a "reunion" since they got back from Italy, it hit me.  I felt terrible.

The dinner itself was good, but I felt like I was going to fall asleep at the table.  Yes, the pictures were nice.  Yes, the food was good.  But I realized that I was run down.  And I still am as I continued to go to work and teach this week, despite being extremely tired and achy. 

A small few family members have followed up to see how I was doing, along with a few friends, but that's it.  When you're sick and it's not happening to you, I guess you don't care.  C'est la vie. La vie.  Get it?  If you've seen "Easy A" you might.  That's a gem I'm keeping. 



But I'm hoping that I finally vanquish my fever that has been persistent, along with my cough and aches, by Friday.  I'm taking it easy as best I can in the little time I have at home, but just when I go to sleep it's seemingly time to wake up and do it all over again.  Here's to getting well.

On a more interesting note, the fall TV season is in full swing and it's great.  With cable networks rolling out programming all year long, it's detracts from the fall season. Personally I feel like I've had new shows to watch all summer, a time when reruns and reality shows sated the cable-waves.

Yes, I'll admit, it was sad to see summer shows "Weeds" (SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW THE END, BUT SKIP TWO PARAGRAPHS AHEAD) end, along with "True Blood," but at least we had something to follow each week. 
With "Weeds" the question might be for next year, "Who Shot Nancy Botwin?"  But if you look closely, there was a silencer on the gun and the shot we heard could have been someone taking out the shooter, who I think was the son of the DEA agent vowing revenge at the end of an earlier season. "True Blood,"  on the other hand, ended in horror with Tara dying on the floor in Sookie's arms after Debbie has shot her (Sookie took out Debbie).  Nan Flanagan is dead and it seems there will be hell to pay from the authority. 

But as for fall shows starting up, the NBC comedy block of "30 Rock," the ever better "Parks and Recreation," and the underrated but hysterical "Community" have all started back up in full swing. 
I'm excited for the upcoming fall season and I hope you all are too.  There's too much good TV out there.  As for new shows, I watched "The Playboy Club" for about 20 minutes and decided its premise and plot lines are ridiculous. I tried "Pan Am" and found it a little boring, but it wasn't terrible and has some potential. 

Aside from that I will need to catch up on "Person of Interest" and "A Gifted Man." I'm super excited for the fall TV season and even more excited to have some nice crisp, cool weather with leaves changing and the smell of wood burning in people's fireplaces in the air.  I hope that you are excited about fall as well not only because of the weather and new TV, but also because it's football season! Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment