Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Heckler



Happy 2012 everyone!

Soon enough, I knew it would happen. When you upload public videos for everyone to see, you'll eventually get that one loser who trolls the Internet for said videos so they can trash the people in them and make asinine comments.

So this blog is about hecklers and my thoughts on them, including how to handle them.

Comedians and celebrities deal with hecklers and naysayers constantly.  You know the type.  The loser who is probably in their 30s or 40s, is unemployed, lives in mommy and daddy's basement playing World of War Craft all day, and trolling the Internet trying to make fun of other people because they aren't happy with who they are.

My heckler goes by the handle MikeDitka100 and posted several nasty comments about my videos and me personally.  Words can hurt, but you've got to get over it.  If you don't like the YouTube channel, change it, bitch.  I'm looking at you MikeDitka100.

Hecklers are an interesting breed.  My guy decided to post several comments and click "dislike" on many videos, presumably around midnight so that I would see them Christmas Eve morning.  But thankfully I saw them as they were posted, so it didn't upset me too much once I got over the initial shock.

Hecklers aim for below the belt, personal attacks on you because they're not happy with their own lives.  I am happy with my life.  I have a great family, friends, a house, and a job.  Pretty much the American Dream, right?

So I wonder about MikeDitka100.  Does he fit the stereotypical characteristics of what I described regarding cyber hecklers, or is he someone who was not loved as a child, like Voldemort?


I was at a comedy show in Atlantic City recently where there was this one heckler whose last name was McGedigan who would not leave this one comic alone.  The comic employed techniques in response that left this kid, who was celebrating his bachelor party, almost in tears.  It was great to see him get his comeuppance and be embarrassed in front of the whole crowd, as in the clip above.

There's no need to personally attack the heckler; just attack their logic.  When they're calling you names like asshole or bitch, they're just resorting to the negative to try to tear you down. Ask them: and so what if I am wearing an Eagles shirt with cats in the background in a house?  To me that says I am successful and have pets and a house.

You've gotta have thick skin and realize that these people (admit it, we all encounter hecklers in our everyday lives) have no life and are basically using the only comeback they know because they are stupid losers: "Are too, nanny nanny boo boo!"  It's funny to see how pathetic they are.

So I guess don't let anyone tear you down.  You know how awesome you are and how awesome other people think you are.  That's all that matters. MikeDitka100 went away like the Internet troll he is but it's crazy what people will do for attention. Imagine, I actually took the time to write about it.

Have a great New Year's and I hope 2012 is a better year for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment